My Guide Website?
From St Petersburg: Full-Day Trip to Novgorod
Discover the 'Birthplace of Russia' on this day trip from St Petersburg.
- Soak in picturesque countryside on route to one of Russia’s oldest cities
- Learn about UNESCO-listed Velikiy Novgorod’s place as a cradle of medieval art and Russian Orthodoxy
- Visit the Novgorod Kremlin, St. Sophia Cathedral, and fresco-coated churches
- Explore the open-air Museum of Wooden Architecture, showcasing old wood buildings made without nails
DescriptionDiscover the city of Veliky Novgorod, where the Russian state was declared in the 8th century. Meet your guide at your hotel in St Petersburg in the morning and begin the 2-hour journey to Velikiy Novgorod, during which you will hear lots of stories and historical information about the early Russian state. Upon arrival in the city, visit Russia's oldest Kremlin. Admire the beauty of the St. Sophia Cathedral and other UNESCO world heritage sights such as Yaroslav’s Courtyard and the Monument of the Millenium before breaking for lunch. After lunch, pay a visit to St. George Monastery before heading to your final destination, the Museum of Traditional Russian Wooden Architecture. Here, admire traditional chapels and churches form streets like those in old Russian villages. Get dropped off back at your hotel in St. Petersburg at the end of the day.
IncludesProfessional guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Air-conditioned vehicle Cost of lunch
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now