Peterhof Palace and Gardens Half-Day Tour153 Reviews
No trip to St Petersburg in summer is complete without a tour of Peterhof, the beautiful summer residence of the Russian Imperial family. Commissioned by Peter the Great, this stunning palace and its expansive gardens are sure to impress.
- Explore the beautiful and majestic Peterhof Palace and its stunning grounds
- See the impressive Grand Palace and its amazing mix of baroque and classical styles
- Wander through the stately gardens and see the gorgeous fountains that cover the estate
- Discover the stunning halls of the Grand Palace of Peterhoff before the museum opens to the general public
DescriptionCommissioned by Peter the Great, Peterhof is the oldest of the Imperial residences of Russia. Today it is a park complex that includes the principle palace and a number of smaller palaces. The main Palace itself is the unique product of two centuries of work. The original design was worked on by Peter himself and was designed with the Palace of Versailles in mind. Today the palace contains a remarkable collection of paintings, sculptures, furniture and much more. Rooms dating back to Peter’s time can be found alongside golden shining baroque halls and calm and austere rooms from the Classical period. Peterhof is often referred to as the Russian Versailles. The idea of creating a residence to rival the luxury of the French Kings was Peter’s ambition and he personally chose the site where several underground water springs were located. Thanks to these underground springs, the amazing garden complex surrounding Peterhof has over 100 beautiful fountains and four spectacular cascades, covering the gardens in summer with a refreshing cooling mist.
IncludesPre-booked 'early entrance' (before the museum opens to the general public) admissions during the May to October high season Air-conditioned chauffeured transportation Guide services Hotel pick-up and drop off A round trip transfer from the port and visa-free documents, if a visa-free add-on option has been booked Meals & gratuities
- Maximum group size is 8. Private arrangements and discounts for larger groups are available. Please contact GetYourGuide representatives for discount options.
- There are no concession tour prices available in summer period
- The tour duration in high season (May-October) is 5 hours
- The tour duration in the low season (15 October - April) is 4 hours
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability