St. Petersburg: Driving Tour with Peter and Paul Fortress1 Reviews
Get an overview of the most iconic historical sites of Saint Petersburg on this driving tour. Along with your private guide and separate driver explore the territory of Peter and Paul Fortress and take pictures of world-renowned buildings.
- Visit the main sights of Saint Petersburg with a private car tour
- Go inside the Peter and Paul fortress and see the 18th century canons, bastions, and a notorious former political prison
- See Smolny and St. Isaacs Cathedrals, which are masterpieces of Russian architecture
- Admire the Winter Palace, the former royal residence which now houses the Hermitage museum
- Make a photo stop next to the cruiser Aurora, the oldest and the most famous ship of the Russian Navy
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel and along with your private guide cruise along Nevsky Prospect, the main city street. See famous UNESCO World Heritage sites and old mansions of Russian aristocrats. Pass by the Church of the Savior of the Spilled Blood. Learn the origin of its name and how it miraculously survived during Bolsheviks' reign. Continue to the Palace Square where some of the most notable events in Russian history took place including the October Revolution of 1917. Admire the St. Isaac's Cathedral and learn which innovative technologies of the early 19th century were used to construct the church. Then go inside the Peter and Paul Fortress, one of the oldest parts of the city. Learn the remarkable story of how Fyodor Dostoevsky was sentenced to death in this fortress but miraculously escaped his fate. Finally, visit the grandiose Smolny Cathedral that is off the beaten tourist track and located away from the city center.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Professional licensed guide and separate driver Food and drinks Gratuities
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability