St. Petersburg Imperial Residences Tour80 Reviews
Journey back in time to pre-revolutionary Russia and visit 2 of the most famous imperial summer residences of St. Petersburg on a tour of Catherine Palace and the Peterhof Gardens.
- Visit the summer residence of the Russian tsars at the Catherine Palace
- Admire the amber panels backed with gold leaf in the Amber Room
- Stroll the grounds and gardens of the Peterhof Palace complex
DescriptionMake the most of your time in St. Petersburg with a concise but comprehensive visit to 2 of the most popular imperial residences of pre-revolutionary Russia. First, visit the opulent Catherine Palace in the village of Tsarskoye Selo, 30 kilometers south of St. Petersburg. Look inside the summer residence of the Russian Czars and get access to the famous Amber Room to marvel at its amber panels backed with gold leaf and mirrors. Then, go for a relaxing walk in the gardens of the Peterhof Palace complex. Built for Peter the Great, who orchestrated its magical opening in 1723, Peterhof Palace was designed to rival Versailles for its magnificence. Explore the exterior of the palace from its spectacular grounds. Stroll to the fountains in the Lower Gardens and learn about the advanced system that operates the cascades based on the principle of natural gravity. Be dazzled by the vast fountain complex of the Grand Cascade and get a stunning vista of the Gulf of Finland.
IncludesPre-booked admission to the Catherine Palace (including the Amber Room) and Peterhof Gardens Guide Assistance Private transportation Audio sets for groups of 6 or more people Entrance fee to Peterhoff Grand Palace Food Gratuities
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited walking abilities
- Catherine Palace is an extremely popular museum, so the tour start time might be adjusted depending on the museum availability
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability