St. Petersburg: 'Northern Venice' Day Boat Tour376 Reviews
Explore the city of St. Petersburg through its most popular river route that follows 5 different canals. See most of the city's significant monuments and buildings in all of their architectural splendor, which were built to be viewed from the water.
- Navigate through 5 of the city's rivers and canals
- See all the main attractions of the city from a new perspective
- Admire the beautiful and historical city center
- Learn about what you're seeing with the expert commentary of your guide
DescriptionOne of the most beautiful cities in Europe, St. Petersburg is famous for its architecture, museums and monuments, many of which were designed to create the most visual effect from water. Parade facades, grandiose architectural ensembles, the unique shape of Saint-Petersburg skyline with recognizable strings of spires and domes, a variety of engineering and design concepts embodied in the bridges - all of this and more you can expect to see during this day-long boat trip. You will see palaces and noble mansions, the most notable cathedrals of the city, the man-made island of New Holland, the building of Mariinsky Theatre, the renovated Chinezelli circus, the granite walls of the Peter and Paul's Fortress and the gold-plated spire of the Peter and Paul's Cathedral. The views will take your breath away, visitors and citizens alike. Particularly fabulous from the water is the ingenious ensemble of the Spit of the Basil's Island, the peculiar patterns of the Summer Garden fence, and the mysterious St. Michael's Castle. On this water excursion around 'Northern Venice', you'll be accompanied by an experienced guide who will give commentary on everything you see - always ready with an interesting story, your guide will also be ready to answer all of your questions related to St. Petersburg's history. We guarantee that after this trip, the beautiful city of St. Petersburg will have a permanent place in your heart! ATTENTION: as of August 12th 2019, Moyka river is closed for navigation due to Greenbridge repair works.
IncludesRussian-speaking guide (English audio-guides are available) Indoor and outdoor seating Umbrellas (available at the pier) Toilet facilities on board Drinks or food (you are welcome to bring your own) Warm covers
- Due to varying water levels in canals, the route may be slightly modified.
- Children under 5 years can enjoy the boat ride for free without occupying a seat.
- Children's carriages, wheelchairs and bicycles must be left on the pier.
- Please consider bringing your own headphones with a 3.5 mm jack in case they may be required
- Please note, warm covers to keep you comfy in the windy weather are available for sale at the pier
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability