From St. Petersburg: Pavlovsk Palace and Gardens Tour1 Reviews
Experience the beauty and history of the Pavlovsk Palace on a small group 4-hour trip from St. Petersburg. Wander the staterooms of the elegant palace and visit the Imperial family's former chambers, then stroll among the carefully landscaped grounds.
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Pavlovsk, situated outside St Petersburg
- Admire the façade and courtyard of the palace, built for Paul I in the 1700s
- Tour the grandiose rooms, including the Italian Hall and royal apartments
- Learn about the daily life of Paul I and the palace's architectural design
DescriptionThe summer palace of Russian Emperor Paul 1, located 20 kilometers south of St. Petersburg, is known worldwide for its exquisite beauty. Explore this architectural wonder with a guide on this 4-hour midday outing. After pickup at your hotel at 10:00 AM, you’ll head to the Palace for a 10:45 AM arrival. Start your excursion with a tour of the palace. At first glance, it looks less pompous than other royal palaces near St. Petersburg; however, it’s beauty truly lies in its architectural conciseness, straight lines, and classical style. Many nobles and grandees across Russia sought to recreate elements of this palace in a more modest form. The Emperor Paul I and his wife Maria Fedorovna, were keen on ancient mythology and sculpture, which they made every effort to incorporate into their residence. Continue your outing with a tour of Pavlovsk Park, the gardens that surround the palace. A stroll through this park offers a view of works by famous artists—but instead of framed paintings, they’re what would today be described as “land art”. Don’t miss “The Most Beautiful Place”, a kind of theatrical scene in the form of trees grouped into small islands in a meadow. Pavlovsk is a superb palace that you shouldn’t miss. It has been undergoing restoration for years and now stands on a high bluff overlooking the watercourse. Along with the Park, you’ll be able to view the natural landscape, the miniature fortress, Centaur bridge, and more. Arrive back at your hotel for 2:00 PM.
IncludesProfessional guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Small group tour Food and drinks
- This tour is not suitable for cruise passengers, as it does not include port pickup or the required blanket visas for travel
- This is a small group tour of between 2 and 18 people
- The guided tour of the palace and park will take approximately 2 hours
- This tour is available for all hotel guests and for tourists with a Russian visa
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY